Thursday, September 3, 2015

A quick read and good long-term reference for Windows 7

I got this book for my parents, who got a Windows 7 based computer for Christmas and are still struggling to get used to it. I skimmed through it myself before sending it to them, and I was happy with the contents of the book. While my mom is a complete techno-noob, my dad is more proficient with the operating system than my mom is (meaning he knows how to turn on the computer, check email, change a password, perform basic troubleshooting), and the directions given in the book were appropriate for both him (with instructions on doing things like formatting the hard disk and changing IP settings) and for my mom (telling her how to change her password and setting up a user account for each of the grandkids). Comment Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

0 comments:

Post a Comment